Saturday 22 February 2014

Tim Tag #2


Hello peeps,

After making a version of t!m's February tag as a Valentine for my hubby (see previous post) I realised I would need another Feb tag as I am going to try and 'tag' along (pardon the pun) with t!m for all 12 tags, and would like to keep them all together at the end. Any way I followed t!ms Tutorial with just a few differences and thought it turned out not too bad. The chalkboard technique went better than I expected, though I seem to have lost some of the definition, I think through handling. I also wish I had put more colour on the stencilled background too, I had a problem with the ink not being wet enough to hold the embossing powder, maybe I faffed about too long lol.

I enjoyed myself though and that is what it's all about don't you think?  Looking forward to March for the next instalment !

I also recieved Happy mail today from my card penpal Darnell who is a master in  the art of creating beautiful QACAS cards.




She also has one of the most entertaining blogs, and never fails to bring a smile to my face and leave me in a happier place.Thank you Darnell.   mwah!

Happy Art making
Hugs to all
Lottie x

5 comments:

  1. When I saw the first picture I thought it was Tim's own tag Lottie! You have done a brilliant job! Very impressive indeed. Darnell is such an amazing lady isn't she, always full of fun and an absolute delight to know. Her card to you is a beauty. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, goodness, how nice of you, Lottie! My eyebrows nearly lifted clean off my forehead when I scrolled down below that scrumptious tag you created and saw my own miserly card You needn't have put them next to each other, lol!! No, seriously, thank you for your very kind acknowledgment. I'm okay with some crafters being able to make layered and incredible works of art like you Tim Taggers and other crafters going the, ahem, less-involved route like me!!

    Now, seriously, no kidding, I agree with my friend, Redanne, you really have done a superb job on your tag!! Big hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped in to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today, how sweet you are, and this fabulous tag popped up in front of my eyes, what a wonderful take on Tim's tag, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking take on the February tag - so glad you kept one for yourself!! Thanks so much for your visit and comment - much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dottie. Your Tim style chalkboard tag is gorgeous. Beautifully crafted! Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left in my blog. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying me a visit today and leaving your comment and a little crafty happiness. Hugs Lottie x