Wednesday 27 March 2013

WOYWW 199

It's Wednesday again and that means WOYWW which, if you didn't know stands for 'What's On Your Work desk Wednesday', sooo you take a pic of your work desk and share it with lots of other 'nosey', I mean like minded people. Hop on over to Julia's blog stamping-ground for more info.
 
Hello peeps,
My desk looks relatively  tidy today, but you should have seen it yesterday not one inch of table top to be seen lol. I can't believe how much mess I make. I have been making a canvas/chipboard  tag for a great lady on You Tube, Jennings644 who I follow. She does some great tutorials and is very inspiring to me. 
On my desk is the first tag I started, but only realised after I had embossed the canvas, stuck it to the chipboard and also inked it that I had forgotten to leave a flat area for my wording ( a few choice words were uttered at this point) so I am in the process of  trying to salvage it if I can. So onto tag #2, I had decided to try the double embossing technique to make the smooth area for stamping, which is fine if  you have the right size die, I did not, so I  thought I would cut my own aperture from chipboard  how difficult could it be............  eeek ! aperture too large, too small,  too high, too low, too far to the left, too far to the right, are you feeling my hopelessness yet?  'many' sheets of chipboard later I gave in and had to ask for help, thank goodness technical support was on hand, hubby comes in very handy at times lol . I am absolutely hopeless with anything technical or mathematical, and that's official, my husband says so !!!
 
 
Tag #2 Finally!!! I enjoyed making this tag and I am quite pleased how it turned out, for a first attempt, ok second attempt ! lol
 


Hope your day is a happy one, and enjoy a bit of desk hopping.
Thanks for visiting me today
Happy Art Making
Hugs Lottie

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, love every detail x
    Happy Easter WOYWW heather #86

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag! Very pretty and lovely detailing!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you kept trying finished result is great x

    Sharon#127

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tidy desk. Carol #95

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the finished product is awesome Lottie
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    81
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tag it looks so pretty and I am glad you got there in the end.
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter and a great day today
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. If at first you don't succeed... call in reinforcements LOL The tag came out lovely. Great bits of embellishments and what a thoughtful thing for you to do for someone who's inspired you! Creative Blessings! Kelly #158

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my you have created total beauty I love it.

    Hugs eliza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lottie, your tag is gorgeous! Love the colours and the flower is so pretty too. If you want to fix the first one try stamping onto tissue paper, tear around the edges so they are nicely uneven and glue down onto the tag with matt medium and use the same medium to coat over it.

    I was excited to get my Inktense pencils too and am now colouring everything in sight! I have slight envy at you having a full box, that was a lovely gift from your Son. Hugs, Anne x #33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I ended up doing that on the finished tag and I tried it on a spare bit of canvas but unfortunately the inked embossing shows through the tissue too much and makes it difficult to read the txt, still got my thinking cap on. Thanks for the input.
      Hugs Lottie

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous tag there Lottie. Thanks for visiting me. BJ#67

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lottie,

    Thanks for popping over. I'm so bad with surprises.... I sent my friend a photo of the ravens and she loves it. I'm going to fuss up the edges a bit more.

    I love your tag. The colors and embellishments are just beautiful. But I'm confused about your dilema. If I'm following -- you like to leave a flat area for your words? Can't you stick them over the embossing?

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, Think I will have to do just that, I was going to stamp straight on to the tag but realised too late I could not stamp onto the dry embossing as it was too lumpy. Thanks for the imput.
      Hugs
      Lottie

      Delete
  12. great feminine tag, very pretty, although like Kay I'm not sure why you need to havea flat area for the words, try using glossy accents, it will fill in the bumps. You asked me about the dominoes... I brought them in acharity shop for £1.50, for a whole box, it is usually the best place but it is hard to find the cream ones which are best for altering.... I am going to make some brooches for everyone at work for their birthdays.
    happy shopping
    janet #16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet never thought of using glossy accents.I realised too late I would not be able to stamp over the dry embossing. Think I will do as Kay suggests and stamp the wording on card and stick them on.
      Hugs Lottie

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty tag, well worth it to get it so right! Have a great weekend, Happy Easter! Happy WOYWW!!

    (((Lyn))) #10

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely tag :) I love the feather and the swirl. Fab x
    Happy WOYWW
    Karen #153

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying me a visit today and leaving your comment and a little crafty happiness. Hugs Lottie x